OVH Community

Welcome to your community space. Ask questions, search for information, post content, and interact with other OVH Community members.

ADVANCE-2 - Intel Xeon-E 2136 - 64GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz - 4x SSD 960GB Datacenter Class Hard RAID

Hello
the server ADVANCE-2 with 4 SSD hardware raid 10 has the opportunity to install the VmWare 6.0/6.5/6.7 OS OVH image but the hypervisor is not usable. The datastore aren’t available and the logs show many errors on SCSI device. I try to install 6.5 and 6.7 but unsuccessfully. I found also that no system sensor are available with message “This system has no IPMI capabilities, you may need to install a driver to enable sensor data to be retrieved.” and hardware - storage are empty.
Maybe an OVH image with incorrect drivers?
I open a standard support case but no answers at the momento, the are too slow with standard support.
Any ideas?

update 26/03
I am very disappointed with the total absence of assistance. They were very quick to get the money from the 5 day account before handing over the machine, but today after 7 days I still can’t use it and they don’t respond to the reports. It seems that to get assistance you have to go to a higher level by paying more money.

update 29/03
obviously no response from technical assistance. However, I was able to use the datastore by deleting the VMFS partition configured by the installation and recreate manually.
Very simple, but being the first time I see such a thing, I have focused attention on the drivers, which I still updated as well as I also updated esxi (6.7.0 Update 3 (Build 15160138).
The last issue is the unavailabiity of all the hardware sensor: “This system has no IPMI capabilities, you may need to install a driver to enable sensor data to be retrieved.”. No drivers still exists for the manufacturer fo the mb asrockrack E3C246D4U2-2T (https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=E3C246D4U2-2T#Specifications) that doesn’t have vmware among the OS supported!!!
But OVH permit to install vmware ESXI 6/6.5/6.7 images.

Hi,

Slightly off topic, but I amd deciding what storage to add to a new server at OVH. Can you tell me what drives (brand and type number) are used in the 4x960GB hard raid option? Also, which raid card?

Thanks!