OVHcloud Community

Welcome to your community space. Ask questions, search for information, post content, and interact with other OVHcloud Community members.

Backup location for dedicated server

dedicatedservers

Hi,

The dedicated server which I recently have lost was in Strasbourg (SBG2) - France, but I was able to recover my data cause backup storage was in Roubaix - France. I could confirm this by looking at the name of backup storage ‘ftpback-rbx3-xxx.ovh.net’.

After replacing my services, I have got a new dedicated server in Roubaix (RBX7) - France, and after activating backup storage, the backup name is ‘ftpback-rbx7-xxx.ovh.net’.

It does mean that both server and backup storage are in Roubaix (RBX7) - France and God forbid if anything happens to RBX7 does it mean I will lose both server and backup?

I thought it is some OVH script which allocates backup storage randomly and tried to delete backup storage and add it again but still the backup storage says ‘ftpback-rbx7-xxx…’.

What should I need to do and make sure that backup storage is coming from different data center?

Farmi