OVHcloud Community

Welcome to your community space. Ask questions, search for information, post content, and interact with other OVHcloud Community members.

Blacklisted IP ranges by UCEPROTECTL3

An update to say there’s currently been no issues in the last 24 hours or so since migration completed. I tried sending myself a test email from the DirectAdmin server on an OVH IP address to both my Google Mail and Outlook email addresses. Both email addresses successfully received the test email and didn’t flag it as spam at all. Phew!

It’s good to know, thanks for your effort :slight_smile:
However, I still wonder, how to workaround my problem, because I don’t want to deal with OVH incompetence and check every day if any IP has fallen into the L2 blacklist.

I would prefer some kind of smtp relay, but the price is based on the email volume.
The second option is some cheap VPS where I can set RevDNS and where outgoing port 25 is unlocked.

Do you know any proven solution to that?
Type of service, not specific company.

Understandable.

Unfortunately I’ve never worked with any SMTP relay service before so can’t give any recommendations there. All I can suggest is to perhaps look around or ask on forums like WHT or LET, or alternatively perhaps if you find some services then see if there’s been any feedback left by people on places like Trustpilot.

As for service, perhaps finding a cheap VPS provider who’s not listed will work. Make sure you have the ability to change the RDNS of course, like you’ve mentioned already. Beyond that I don’t have additional suggestions sadly.

If it helps, I went with Vultr.com.
I will remove this if someone says this isn’t allowed, but if you do want to go through a referral code click here.

When I started having issues with OVH mail deliverability, I looked into Azure and AWS - but neither would allow the use of TCP/25 outbound unless you’re a large corporate basically.

I opened an account with Vultr.com, span up the cheapest VPS they do and installed Postfix (actually ProxMox Mail Gateway, but it’s all Postfix really). Then I opened a support ticket with Vultr and explained my reasoning for moving to them, explained the OVH L3 block and the type of email I wanted to relay. They then allowed TCP/25 outbound from my VPS after a quick reboot.

It’s been working great ever since Mar 22 as per my older post on this forum.

So I would personally recommend Vultr for mail relay, and keep other things hosted at OVH for cost (such as websites, etc). That’s what I’ve done anyway.

Oliver

Hello thanks for sharing Check the new best latte machine for beginners. https://lattemachinehub.com/

You can search the name of your favorite game and download easily now. blackmart pro apk

hey how can I unblock website that is hosted at OVH…?

Here we go again, once again on L3.

OVH has some strange life cycle, everything is fine for a few months, they respond to the reports, keep their mess together and at some point they start to ignore abuse reports (including reporting annoying VPS spammers) and that’s the final result.
I wonder if they, this time, wake up sooner than after a few months of continuous problem.

Sigh, so I see.

Well I’ve not had any complaints about email deliverability issues yet, but if I do then I may have to consider swapping to Voxility. At least their IP ranges remain fine on level 3. I’d rather not though as I’d pay a moderate yearly charge for an IP range from them, compared to OVH which is currently a one-time charge.

UCEProtect L3 listing disappear for a while, but once again, OVH ignores the problem, so the listing has come back again, now situation is even worse - OVH abuse report form is broken for a while - they don’t send confirmation mails.
It becomes clear to me that they don’t care much.
I have to start looking for an alternative, so after the contract expires, I can get away from here.
There is no such amount of money worth more than the peace of mind.
Besides, cooperation with a company, that does not treat contractors seriously is just poor.

Hello !
i think it happens again ?
UCEPROTECT-Level3
Reputation of ASN 16276 | OVH, FR
AS Status Spamscore Provider has
total IP’s Level 1 listed abusers
within the last 7 days Impacts from Level 1 Level 3 Escalation limit by Impacts
Optional express delisting
WARNING!
PROBLEM MUST BE FIXED FIRST
TO PREVENT NEW LISTINGS
16276 LISTED

Sorry guys, I ask for a clarification.
I have a VPS on OVH.
I send emails via AWS SES and all emails on Yahoo and Outlook go into spam.

Can it always be a UCEPROTECTL3 issue?

Hello MarikaF yes it is UCEPROTECTL3 issue, OVH ASN (AS16276) is listed there, we have around 60 dedicated IP’s in our dedicated server and we are also facing that problems. I’ve checked ovh.pt and ovh.com IP’s and nboth of them are also blocked. Here is the link that OVH sent us in reply to our ticked with the information that they do not pay to be unlisted and that we have to wait http://www.uceprotect.net/en/l3charts.php http://stats.uceprotect.net/?page=su

UCEPROTECTL3 is a scam. It blacklists ranges and ranges of IP Addresses to get paid to (temporarily) unlist you.
Professional should not use UCEPROTECTL3 for spam filtering. It’s not serious.