OVH Community

Welcome to your community space. Ask questions, search for information, post content, and interact with other OVH Community members.

Cant setup bridge ip on an esxi dedicated server HELP

Hi,
I have installed a vmware esxi server as my dedicated server . On the esxi environment i have installed a windows 2016 server . My plan is to install three centos servers as well. I have a public ip adress for the esxi machine and 4 for servers . In the documentation on docs.ovh.com about “bridge ip” they describe a procedure where hyper V is installed on the windows server machine but it is not on mine.
The only thing I did on my server is

• create a manual mac address on the ip failover adress and put it on the windows machine
  • define the ip failover as the ip address on windows
  • define the gateway ip adress as the esxi ip adress with the last digit replaced by 254.
    It does not work . What do i miss ? . Is it feasible to setup bridge ip without Hyper V
    Thanks for you help

@BrunoA

i am not a ovh expert , so i might be mistaking
but i guess there will be no other replies except mine.)

My guess is , you need to create a virtual machine with router os , lime MikroTik and install failover ip as a public IP , setup router in the bridge mode and map local ips to your other VM’s they will be router into the public internet via your failover ip .
this is what i have done in the past.

if you want all your VM’s to be accessible from outside you need failover ip for each of them

good luck