OVH Community

Welcome to your community space. Ask questions, search for information, post content, and interact with other OVH Community members.

Connection Timed out when getting json datas from URL

Hello,

I try to get data from a public API URL in php script.
I tried to use file_get_contents method but I had a Connection Timed out error.
So, I tried to use curl to get datas from the URL with CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT at 120 seconds but I also had a Connection timed out in 120 seconds.

• When I try to access to the json datas directly from a browser, the call to the URL shows me a correct json content, so the API doing well.

• When I try to replace this URL in the call of file_get_contents or curl with www.google.com, the call is done right, without Connection Timed out, so I get data from external website.

• I have also another website on an another hoster that doing the same process (getting data from the same API with file_get_contents) which doing well also, so I know is it possible to call this public API to get datas but not with my OVH hosting.

If someone can help to fix this Connection timed out error I will be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Today I also encountered the problem during a WordPress plugin licence activation :
Request debug: WP_Error Object ( [errors] => Array ( [http_request_failed] => Array ( [0] => cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 5004 milliseconds ) ) [error_data] => Array ( ) )

I forgot to say you that I’m currently working with a temp URL …clusterXXX.hosting.ovh.net

Maybe plugin and API editors have to whitlist my IP address ?

Thank you again