OVH Community

Welcome to your community space. Ask questions, search for information, post content, and interact with other OVH Community members.

Looking to change provider

I currently have a VPS but im looking at the possibility of moving because they don;t offer white label VPS.

My question is does OVH provide white label VPS / Dedicated servers in the UK and how would I go about moving a few hundred customers?

My setup is Linux CentOS 7 + cPanel.

Any recommendation would be great.
Adrian from Web Hosting UK

Hello @WebHostingUK,

OVH VPS can be resold / white labelled, they are provided with full root or administrator access so you can configure them in any way that you wish.

If you were to have cPanel installed to the new VPS you would be able to make use of the cPanel to cPanel migration tool - details of which can be found at https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+to+Move+All+cPanel+Accounts+from+One+Server+to+Another

Thanks,
@AnthonyR

Ok thanks, I would also be using the same name server so the user will just need to update their IP info.

Looks much easier using that cpanel web hosting documentation link, or would it be easier to clone servers? I am also using VMWare at the moment, thanks for the link.

Hello,

That sounds good then, I advise using the cPanel Migration tool and then just updating the users IPs to complete the migration.

Thanks,
@AnthonyR