OVH Community

Welcome to your community space. Ask questions, search for information, post content, and interact with other OVH Community members.

Multiple Backends with the Load Balancer

Hi everyone,

I have been getting into the OVH Load Balancer to rebuild a part of our infrastructure but I’m running into some issues with the configuration. First off I had to order for a month the Load Balancer because the documentation and the promotional material is just a mess - what’s written on the website is different from what the support replied to one of my ticket and it’s very hard to get what the Load Balancer can and cannot do with what’s available. I went on the assumption that as they use HAProxy it should be fine as it is what we use already but it looks like the configuration they provide is far too limited for my requirement (or I’m missing something).

So we have a docker swarm configured that will serve multiple services for multiple domains. The swarm is configured across multiple servers in OVH/SYS so we can cope with one server failure and migrate all the services to a different server on failure. On each server a HAproxy is configured as a reverse proxy for the currently running containers on that machine. This parts works great and it’s all good.

My idea was to use the OVH Load Balancer as a frontend for the docker swarm cluster with all the different domains pointing to the load balancer and the load balancer redirecting the traffic to one of the functional server. Using HAProxy that would be fairly straightforward to do by setting ACL rules for the domains and a backend with all the servers in the swarm and then using a health check to only serve traffic to the backend server that is actually running that service. The issue is that I can’t seem to find a way to configure the ACL and the different backends with the UI. Am I missing something? Is there a way to get access to the raw haproxy config so I can do that by hand?

Best regards,
Simon